We (meaning the staff of Ecce africa) run an online magazine called ecceafrica.com and would love for you to use it. ecceafrica.com’s basic service is free, and we offer paid upgrades for advanced features such as advertising. Our service is designed to give you as much control and ownership over what you publish and encourage you to express yourself freely. However, be responsible in what you publish. In particular, make sure that none of the prohibited items (like spam, viruses, or serious threats of violence) appear in your publications or is accessible through a link you published.
If you find a publication that you believe violates these Terms of Service, please contact us : [email protected]
Terms of Service
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using our Services. By accessing or using any part of our services, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access or use any of our services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Ecce Africa, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. Access and use of our Services is only offered to users 10 years of age or older.
- Responsibility of Contributors : If you post material to the website, post links on the website, or otherwise make (or allow any third-party to make) material available (any such material, “Content”), you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of what form the Content takes, which includes, but is not limited to text, photo, video, audio, or code. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that your content does not :
- The downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe any rights of third property, including, without limitation, copyrights, patents and industrial and commercial property or rights related trade secret;
- If your employer owns the property rights of your work, you (i) obtained permission to publish or otherwise make available any Content, including, without limitation, any software, or (ii) obtained from your employer a waiver of all rights in or relating to the Content;
- You have fully complied with the conditions of third-party licenses applicable to Content and have taken all necessary steps to inform the end users of those conditions;
- Content does not contain or does not install viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- The Content is not spam, is not generated automatically or randomly and contains no commercial content unsolicited or unethical aiming to direct traffic to third-party websites or improve rankings third-party sites in the results of search engines, or promoting unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients into error as to the source of the content (eg falsification of data);
- The Content is not pornographic, does not contain any threat or incitement to violence and does not violate the rights of privacy or publicity of third parties;
- Promoting your blog is not achieved via unsolicited electronic messages, such as unwanted links on newsgroups, mailing lists, other blogs and websites, and other similar methods of promoting non sought;
- Your blog is not presented in a way giving your readers to believe that you are someone else or another company;
- You have, in the case where the content includes a machine code correctly categorized and / or described the type, nature, purpose and effects of content, at the request of Ecce Africa or otherwise. By posting Content to Ecce Africa for inclusion on our Web Site, you grant Ecce Africa international free non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for display, distribution and promote your blog. This license allows Ecce Africa to put the content published publicly available to third parties selected by Ecce Africa so that they can analyze and distribute your content through their services.
- You also give permission to other users of Ecce Africa to share your content on other sites and add their own content (that is to say Reblog your Content), provided they use only a part of your article, and cite you as the original author by including a link to your site.
- If you delete Content, Ecce Africa made every reasonable effort to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching content or references to the Content may not be immediately unavailable.
- Without limitation these guarantees, Ecce Africa has the right (but is not obliged) to, in its sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in the reasonable opinion of Ecce Africa, violated any policy Ecce Africa or is harmful or objectionable in any manner whatsoever, or (ii) prevent, for any reason, any person or entity to access the Website or use it at the sole discretion Ecce Africa.
- Responsibility of Visitors : Ecce Africa has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to our Services, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating our Services, Ecce Africa does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful, or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Our Services may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. Our Services may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Ecce Africa disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of our Services, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites : We have not verified and are not able to check all content, including computer software, made available on the websites and webpages to which ecceafrica.com includes links or that include links to ecceafrica .com. Ecce Africa has no control over these sites and web pages and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By including a link to a website or a web page, Ecce Africa does not declare nor suggests that it approves such a website or webpage such. It is your responsibility to take the necessary precautions for your protection and that of your computer systems against viruses, worms, Trojan horses and other harmful or destructive content. Ecce Africa assumes no responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of other sites and web pages. Ecce Africa will be under no obligation to repay the sums previously paid.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy : As Ecce Africa asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by ecceafrica.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Ecce Africa. Ecce Africa will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Ecce Africa will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Ecce Africa or others. In the case of such termination, Ecce Africa will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Intellectual Property : This Agreement does not in any way constitute a transfer between Ecce Africa and you, intellectual property Ecce Africa or third parties, and Ecce Africa remain (as between the parties) the sole beneficiary of all rights, title and interest in such a property. Ecce Africa, ecceafrica.com the ecceafrica.com logo and other graphics, logos, trademarks, and service marks used in connection with ecceafrica.com or Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Ecce Africa or licensors Ecce Africa. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website does not give you any right or does not grant you license to reproduction or other use trademarks of Ecce Africa or third parties.
- Changes : Our services are constantly updated and sometimes have to change the legal conditions under which our services are offered. We will notify you of any material changes by posting a notice on one of our blogs or sending you an e-mail or other communication prior to the effective date of such changes. The notice will indicate a reasonable time period after which the new conditions take effect. If you do not accept our changes, you must stop using ecceafrica.com before the specified time. If you decide to continue using ecceafrica.com, your use shall be governed by the new Terms. However, any action arising prior to the effective date of the changes will be governed by the Terms (including the arbitration clause enforceable individual) applicable before the occurrence of the dispute.
- Termination : Ecce Africa may revoke your access to all or part of the Website at any time with or without cause, with or without notice and with immediate effect. To terminate this Agreement or terminate your ecceafrica.com account (if you have one), you can simply stop using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which, because of their nature, should continue after the revocation / cancellation persist, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty exclusions, damages and limitations responsibility.
- Disclaimer of Warranties : The Website is provided “as is”. Ecce Africa and its suppliers and licensors hereby excludes all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement . Neither Ecce Africa nor its suppliers and licensors warrant that the Web Site will be error free or that access to the Website will be continuous and uninterrupted. You understand that you download or otherwise obtain content or services through the Website at your discretion and at your own risk
- Limitation of Liability : In no event the responsibility of Ecce Africa, its suppliers or its licensors shall not be liable in relation to the subject of this Contract pursuant to any agreement, negligence, strict liability, legal theory or equitable doctrine for: (i) any special damages, or incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the purchase price of substitute products or services; (iii) the interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) amounts exceeding the fees paid by you to Ecce Africa under this agreement during the twelve (12) months preceding the cause of action arose. Ecce Africa can not be held liable for any delay or failure independent of his will. The preceding provisions shall not apply where they are prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification : You agree to ensure Ecce Africa, its contractors and its licensors, and their directors, officers, employees and agents against all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, resulting from your use of the Website, including, without limitation, your violation of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous : This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Ecce Africa and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Ecce Africa, or by the posting by Ecce Africa of a revised version. Unless otherwise provided by applicable law, if any, this Agreement and any access to the Website or use of the Website is governed by the laws in force in the Republic of Benin, with the exception of its provisions on conflict laws and the competent jurisdiction in disputes arising from the Agreement, access to the Website or use of the Website or relating to the latter shall state courts of the Republic of Benin. The arbitration proceedings will be held in the Republic of Benin, in French language, and the arbitration award may be enforced by any court present on the Beninese territory. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding for the implementation of this Agreement shall be entitled to reimbursement of costs and attorney fees incurred. In the event that any provision of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that provision is interpreted to reflect the original intent of the parties, and the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect. The fact that one or the other party to allow a breach of any provision of this Agreement or the breach of a clause shall be construed as a waiver of those clauses or as an authorization of their violation . You have the right to transfer your rights under this Agreement to any party accepting the binding force of its general conditions; Ecce Africa has the right to assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement shall be binding on the parties, their successors and permitted assigns, and it will take effect for the benefit of the said party, successors and permitted assigns.